Tuesday, October 27, 2009

UFC 104 Recap

Stefan Struve def Chase Gormley Submission (Triangle Choke) 4:04 rnd 1
My Pick: Stefan by RNC first round.
It was a triangle and not an RNC, but close enough! I am back baby!

Kyle Kingsbury def Razak Al-Hassan Decision (Split)
My Pick: Kingsbury by KO second round.
Kingsbury's skill is suspect... He gets the win though.

Jorge Rivera def Rob Kimmons TKO (Punches) 1:53 rnd 3
My Pick: Jorge by armbar first round.
Candy from a baby. Kimmons improved to take a beating, but Jorge wins the day.

Chael Sonnen def Yushin Okami Decision
My Pick: Okami by decision
Sonnen did what Okami was supposed to do, and took the top position and held it.

Patrick Barry def Antoni Hardonk TKO (Punches) 2:30 rnd 2
My Pick: Antoni by KO third round
Kind of upset I missed this one... Looks like Barry really was the better kickboxer.

Ryan Bader def Eric Schafer Decision
My Pick: Bader by G&P KO first round
No KO, but no surprise.

Anthony Johnson def Yoshiyuki Yoshida TKO (Punches) 0:41 rnd 1
My Pick: Johnson by KO first round
Fish in a barrel. Yoshida is the fish. I don't know why the Judoka insist on fighting at their weight and not cutting... of course being 6 pounds overweight Johnson may not have thought about cutting either. Yoshida needs to visit with Okami about how to cut weight in MMA. Yoshida could be a force at the lightweight or bantamweight classes.

Joe Stevenson def Spencer Fisher Submission (Elbows) 4:03 rnd 2
My Pick: Joe by decision.
Joe is vastly improved since he started working out with Greg Jackson.

Gleison Tibau def Josh Neer Decision
My Pick: Neer by KO mid third round
Gleison took a tip from Kurt Pellegrino and fought Josh the same way. Take the fight away from the feet, and control top position. Does this set up Neer vs Fisher II??? Looser goes home??? AWESOME!!!!

Cain Velasquez def Ben Rothwell TKO (Punches) 0:58 rnd 2
My Pick: Cain by G&P KO second round
Looks like Cain is ready to run with the top of the division!

Lyoto Machida def Mauricio Rua Decision
My Pick: Machida by arm triangle choke first round
Machida didn't win the way people wanted him to... HE DIDN'T WIN AT ALL!!!! Leg kicks DO end fights, and I have not a clue what fight the judges were watching. IMMEDIATE REMATCH!!!

I go 8 of 11 this time out. Better than usual!

No comments: