Monday, February 1, 2010

Got To Get In To The Air!!

It has been over a year since I have had my hand on the throttle. The new move, the new job, and life in general have prevented me from getting in to the air... That is not true... If I wanted to I would have. I simply just have not made it a priority. I don't know why. I am starting to really itch for it. The problem is that I have lots of things going on this month. Trip to Australia, work, and the crappy weather are all going to prevent me from getting airborne. Not to mention the fact that it will take at least 2 to 4 hours of dual time just to get to the rental check ride. If I don't want to be driving 30 or more miles to get to a non-controlled airport, I am going to have to be flying out of Wiley Post airport. It is a multi runway tower controlled airport in northern OKC.


View Larger Map
Wiley Post Airport

I have never operated out of a controlled airport. I have never been at a tower controlled airport longer than a touch and go. So, I have to learn a new airport while taking and repeating orders from ground control.
On top of all of this, I have not landed at a controlled airport since 1992... That will take some getting used to.

Anyway, I don't think I am going to get to the airport until March. I have to find a decent FBO, i.e. one with reasonable rental prices for good aircraft.

No comments: