Friday, August 3, 2012

Finding a New City: And The Winner Is...

BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA!!!

My wife will be starting as a new fellow at the University of Alabama Medical Center in July of 2013.

Not exactly my choice of a city, but we take what we can get.  The program is about as prestigious as you can get for her specialty.  They are a University based program with lots of work, so she will receive excellent training.

So...  I guess I need to actually go there to see the city some time.  I didn't go with my wife when she went for her interview.  I joked that I had been to Alabama before, and I knew what it was like.  What I didn't tell her was that the last time I was in Alabama, was...  1986...  For Space Camp...  In Huntsville.  Wow.
I didn't know that the program was so kick ass, and I had no idea that she would actually like it as much as she did.  Joke is on me, I guess.

Anyway, the weather is a bit nicer in Birmingham, the summers aren't as hot, and the winters aren't as cold.  I can play golf all year round I think.

I am a little concerned with where my training is going to go.  I give OKC a little credit in the BJJ department, we have quite a few places to train and several black belts running classes.  Lots of good stuff here.  Alabama seems to still be a little bit behind in that respect.
I guess I can always do Karate!

No comments: