Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Finding a New City: Today Is The Day

Well...  The day has finally arrived...  Match day for aspiring fellows of Urogynecology.  The day I learn where I will be living a year from now, and what direction the next chapter of my life will take.

The strangest feeling overtook me last night as I was drifting off to sleep...  For the last three years or so, I have wanted to get out of Dumbfuckville...  Now I feel myself anxious at the prospect that it will actually happen.  While living in Oklahoma City has not been great...  It hasn't been bad either.  I found a great gym, and my BJJ game has improved greatly.  I have moved on professionally to a point where I feel comfortable working on the administrative/hardware/server side of things as well as sitting down and writing code/designing software/developing custom solutions.
Overall my experience in Oklahoma City has been positive.  Moving from Omaha to some place new has forced me out of my comfort zone, and made me grow in nearly every way.  I have met some new people, learned about myself, and overcome very unexpected home sickness.

I don't think that leaving OKC will be difficult, though I wish I could take my gym and Oklahoma's gun laws with me.

No comments: