Sunday, March 4, 2007

UFC 68 Recap

A good event. Some surprises, all good fights, and Randy reigns supreme.

Jamie Varner def Jason Gilliam Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 1:34 rnd 1
My Pick: Jamie by decision
Jamie puts it away early!!

Gleison Tibau def Jason Dent Decision
My Pick: Gleison by decision
I am perfect in every way.

Jon Fitch def Luigi Fioravanti Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 3:05 rnd 2
My Pick: Jon by decision
I would like to see this one...

Matt Hamill def Rex Holman TKO (Strikes) 4:00 rnd 1
My Pick: Matt by G&P KO second round.
Matt continues to roll. I get the winner and the method but miss the round. I do that so you guys don't start the Meyer Cult. That sounds like a cool name for a band...

Jason Lambert def Renato Sobral KO (Punch) 3:26 rnd 2
My Pick: Sobral by triangle choke first round
I said that Jason did not have the talent to get past Renato... I am dead wrong. Jason showed very sharp counter striking, and put Babalu away cold.

Matt Hughes def Chris Lytle Decision
My Pick: Matt by Kimura first round
Matt fought this fight like he wanted a very specific submission. Several times he could have gone for near side armbars, Kimuras, keylocks, the whole gamete of subs from the side control position. It looked to me like he wanted the side choke (arm triangle choke) or nothing at all. Strange. Overall, not a good win for Matt, because he did not make Chris go to sleep or tap. This was a moral victory for Lytle.

Rich Franklin def Jason MacDonald TKO (Corner Stoppage) end of rnd 2
My Pick: Rich by KO second round
Sweet Jebus... I scare myself. I am perfect yet again!!!

Martin Kampmann def Andrew McFedries Submission (Arm-triangle choke) 4:06 rnd 1
My Pick: Martin by KO third round
I thought that Martin's stand up would be the deciding factor here, but Drew held the advantage there. Martin's ground game was superb though, catching Drew with the arm triangle from the oposit side, then jumping over him to secure the win.

Randy Couture def Tim Sylvia Decision
My Pick: Randy by decision!!!!
Randy shows he still has what it takes. He should retire now. Next up to challenge for the title will be Cro Cop or Werdum, and those two guys will retire Randy permanently.

I go 8 for 9. I would have had a shut out if Babalu could take a punch... Stupid Brazilians.

No comments: