Tuesday, August 28, 2007

UFC 74 Recap

Clay Guida def Marcus Aurelio Decision (split)
My Pick: Aurelio by decision.
Big surprise here. Aurelio is usually very strong.

Thales Leites def Ryan Jensen Submission (Armbar) 3:47 rnd 1
My Pick: Jensen by decision!!!!!!
Ryan looked good up until he got taken down. Joe Silva said that Ryan will be fighting again soon.

Frank Mir def Antoni Hardonk Submission (Kimura) 1:17 rnd 1
My Pick: Frank by armbar first round.
No surprise.

Renato Sobral def David Heath Submission (Anaconda choke) 3:30 rnd 2
My Pick: Babalu wins this one by triangle choke second round.
Babalu gets his win bonus held back by the athletic commission, because he held on to the choke after Heath tapped. And after the ref told Babalu to let him go... And after the ref pulled with all of his might to get Babalu to let go...


Patrick Cote def Kendall Grove TKO (Strikes) 4:45 rnd 1
My Pick: Patrick by decision.
Cote gets his first finish in the UFC. I would like to see Kendall vs Jensen next!!!

Joe Stevenson def Kurt Pellegrino Decision
My Pick: Joe by KO first round
Kurt looked really good in this fight. It was, I think, the fight of the night. Lots of action, lots of sub attempts, lots of fun.

Roger Huerta def Alberto Crane TKO (Strikes) 1:50 rnd 3
My Pick: Huerta by KO third round
Perfect pick for me. Crane is a machine, but Huerta simply out physicaled him. Crane gassed in the second round, but Huerta looked like he could go another 15 rounds. Mad props to Huerta's training. I wonder what he does...


Georges St. Pierre def Josh Koscheck Decision
My Pick: GSP by G&P KO second round.
Kos held on for a decision, but got schooled.


Randy Couture def Gabriel Gonzaga TKO (Strikes) 1:37 rnd 3
My Pick: Gabe by KO first round
I honestly think that Gabe needs a rematch. Randy is great, but that broken nose took all of the fight out of Gabe. Nog vs Randy next!!!

I go 6 for 9.

No comments: