Sunday, November 16, 2008

UFC 91 Recap

It looked like the UFC of old, and the GROUND was king, armbars, chokes, sweeps, omoplatas, rubber guard, and huge slams. Awesome, awesome awesome. Very good fights!! Kudos to the UFC, they desperately needed it after the recent snoozefests.

Matt Brown vs Ryan Thomas Submission (Armbar) 0:57 rnd 2
My Pick: Matt by KO first round
Matt took a lot of punishment before getting the armbar. Perhaps Ryan learns that slamming out of an armbar is not the best way to defend...

Mark Bocek def Alvin Robinson Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 3:16 rnd 3
My Pick: Alvin by decision
Mark looked very sharp getting a great armbar.


Jeremy Stephens def Rafael dos Anjos KO (Punches) 0:39 rnd 3
My Pick: Rafael by armbar first round
Apparently nobody told Rafael and I that Jeremy has an uppercut that can knock out giants...
Take a look:



Aaron Riley def Jorge Gurgel Decision
My Pick: Riley by decision
I am one of Jorge's biggest fans, but WHY oh WHY must you try to work to the other dude's strength Jorge???? WHY???? Aaron brawls and beats Jorge, cause Jorge needs to realize that his strength is on the ground.

Demian Maia def Nate Quarry Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 2:13 rnd 1
My Pick: Maia by decision
Maia looked unbeatable. He pulled half guard, swept Nate, got the back and sunk in the choke. Amazing. Get this guy some Muay Thai defence and I think we have a real contender for Anderson Silva to face. I have become a Demian Maia fan, despite what he did to my friend.

Gabriel Gonzaga def Josh Hendricks KO (Punches) 1:01 rnd 1
My Pick: Gabe by KO first round.
Yawn. No surprise, elite heavy handed Brazilian Black Belt who can out kick Cro-Cop beats a nobody from nowhere...

Dustin Hazelett def Tamdan McCrory Submission (Reverse Armbar) 3:59 rnd 1
My Pick: Dustin by Triangle second round
Dustin looks so smooth and sharp he may want to get a new job with Gilette... Or better yet use some of Gilette's fine products to shave that beard...

Kenny Florian def Joe Stevenson Submission (Rear-naked choke) 4:03 rnd 1
My Pick: Kenny by decision
This was a fight of man vs boy. Kenny made Joe look like a little girl.

Brock Lesnar def Randy Couture TKO (Punches) 3:07 rnd 2
My Pick: Randy by Decision
Ok so a WWE guy is now the UFC Heavyweight champion? Awesome. This makes our sport look so real and above board now...
Nog after you rip some appendage off of Mir, could you please PLEASE show ManBearPig what a real fighter is????

I go 6 for 9 in the UFC's best show this year.

No comments: