Monday, March 9, 2009

UFC 96 Recap

Shane Nelson def Aaron Riley TKO (Punch) 0:44 rnd 1
My Pick: Riley by KO second round
There was some controversy here. Riley was defending when the ref stopped the fight.

Brandon Vera def Michael Patt TKO (Leg Kicks) 1:27 rnd 2
My Pick: Vera by KO first round
Brandon gets back to business, and with Leg Kicks no less!!

Jason Brilz def Tim Boetsch Decision
My Pick: Brilz by G&P KO first round
Jason rolls on.

Kendall Grove def Jason Day TKO (Punches and Elbows) 1:32 rnd 1
My Pick: Day by second round KO
Grove finally did something he was supposed to do... Day ran right in to Grove's offence and was pounded out.

Tamdan McCrory def Ryan Madigan Submission (Punches) 3:35 rnd 1
My Pick: Tamdan by KO first round
Tamdan looks very sharp!

Gray Maynard def Jim Miller Decision
My Pick: Gray by decision
Gray beat the living hell out of Jim, but could not put him away...

Matt Hamill def Mark Munoz KO (Head Kick) 3:53 rnd 1
My Pick: Hamill by KO third round
WHAT A KICK!! I think Mark is still asleep.

Matt Brown def Pete Sell TKO (Punches) 1:32 rnd 1
My Pick: Sell by KO second round
Matt destroyed Sell, and because of some very bad officiating, absorbed much more punishment than he should have. Cheers to Matt Brown, Jeers to the ref.

Shane Carwin def Gabriel Gonzaga TKO (Punches) 1:09 rnd 1
My Pick: Gabe by RNC third round
Gabe had Shane all but knocked out, but Carwin showed great fortitude and managed to finish the fight with a very strong right hand.

Quinton Jackson def Keith Jardine Decision
My Pick: Rampage by KO first round
Keith played a good game, but Rampage figured the game out in the second round. Several takedowns and knockdowns later Rampage gets his hand raised.

I stay at 6 for 10... I can't seem to get beyond that... Stupid Kendal Grove.

No comments: