Saturday, April 21, 2007

UFC 70 Recap


Werdum puts us to sleep, and CroCop got CroCoped

Paul Taylor def Edilberto "Crocota" de Oliveira TKO (Strikes) 0:37 rnd 3
My Pick: Crocota wins by triangle second round
Bad start.

Jess Liaudin def Dennis Siver Submission (Armbar) 1:21 rnd 1
My Pick: Siver by decision
Not good. But all TKD guys get armbared in MMA, so it is ok. The world still spins.

Alessio Sakara def Victor Valimaki TKO (Strikes) 1:44 rnd 1
My Pick: Sakara by KO second round
Sakara does it faster than I thought he would...

Junior Assuncao def David Lee Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 1:55 rnd 2
My Pick: Assuncao by RNC second round
Perfect score!!!! Man, method, and round!!!

Terry Etim def Matt Grice Submission (Guillotine Choke) 4:38 rnd 1
My Pick: Terry by triangle first round
Terry looked real good.

Cheick Kongo def Assuerio Silva Decision (Majority)
My Pick: Kongo by KO second round
Silva really has no business being in MMA. He did not move for the submission, he had great G&P position, he did nothing to win the fight.

Ryoto Machida def David Heath Decision
My Pick: Machida by decision
Man method and round. I am the man.

Michael Bisping def Elvis Sinosic TKO (Strikes) 1:20 rnd 2
My Pick: Bisping by KO first round.
Bisping nearly got caught with an arm bar and was nearly KOed with a knee, but he still managed to pull off the "W".

Andrei Arlovski def Fabricio Werdum Decision
My Pick: Werdum by arm triangle first round.
I don't know if the leg kicks did anything to take Fabricio's shot away, but he looked really bad in this fight.

Gabriel Gonzaga def Mirko Filipovic KO (Head Kick) 4:51 rnd 1
My Pick: Mirko by head kick second
I would have never never never never picked Gonzaga. Never by head kick, never winning never in the first round. Good work Gabriel. Randy has his work cut out for him.

I go 6-10. Not my best but still better than half.

No comments: