Wednesday, June 13, 2007

UFC Fight Night 10 Recap

Nate Mohr def Luke Caudillo Decision
My Pick: Nate by decision
I start off well... I have never liked Luke's style, and the loss comes as no surprise here.

Anthony Johnson def Chad Reiner KO (Punches) 0:13 rnd 1
My Pick: Chad by decision
Chad did exactly what he should have not done, and got KOed. This might be the last time we see him in the UFC...

Gleison Tibau def Jeff Cox Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) 1:52 rnd 1
My Pick: Gleison by RNC first round
Big night for Gleison.

Tamden McCrory def Pete Spratt Submission (Triangle Choke) 2:04 rnd 2
My Pick: Pete by KO, first round
In the bottom of my heart, I knew Pete would not win this one. Pete is just too one dimensional to win in the UFC. I want him to win, because he is such a nice guy and fun to watch, but with out the ground skill, he just won't be able to make the jump.

Forrest Petz def Luigi Fioravanti Decision
My Pick: Luigi by RNC second round.
Forrest looked great and took it to Luigi. Very impressive win.

Thiago Tavares def Jason Black Submission (Triangle Choke) 2:49 rnd 2
My Pick: I say Jason by KO third round
Thiago put on a BJJ in MMA clinic for Jason Black, ending it in the slickest triangle since Lister/Sakara. Thiago is someone to watch!!

Andrew McFedries def Jordan Radev KO (Punch) 0:33 rnd 1
My Pick: Drew by KO second round.
Wow. I thought that Jordan was dead.

Jon Fitch def Roan Carneiro Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 1:07 rnd 2
My Pick: I go with Fitch by KO second round
Roan was clearly winning the fight, beating Jon from pillar to post, then Jon caught him with a big punch and Roan simply gave up. Roan did not fight the choke or try to escape back mount, he just gave Jon the choke so he could go home. Good work, Jon!!

Spencer Fisher def Sam Stout Decision
My Pick: Spence by KO first round
Spence did what he needed to do and beat Sam all over the ring, though it did appear that Spence was on the receiving end of lots of punishment. Sam certainly can dish out the pain. Spencer seems to have trouble landing the big one lately, as well as having trouble closing the show. He had Sam nearly out several times, but did not press the action to end the fight. It was the same in the Franca fight. Hopefully that was due to fatigue and we will see the knock out artist return!

I go 5 of 9.

No comments: