Sunday, January 20, 2008

UFC 80 Recap

Sam Stout def Per Eklund Decision
My Pick: Sam by KO first round
Per did better than I thought...

Alessio Sakara def James Lee TKO (Strikes) 1:30 rnd 1
My Pick: I think James wins by heel hook, cause I like the cut of his jib!!!!
The cut of his jib isn't enough...

Paul Kelly def Paul Taylor Decision
My Pick: Taylor by decision
Getting my ass kicked now...

Antoni Hardonk def Colin Robinson TKO (Strikes) 0:17 rnd 1
My Pick: Hardonk by KO second round
That's better. Colin got KOed by a stiff left straight, and could not regain his balance. It could have been that his knee was gone, but not sure right now.


Jorge Rivera def Kendall Grove TKO (Strikes) 1:20 rnd 1
My Pick: Kendall by decision
Kendal got owned...


Wilson Gouveia def Jason Lambert KO (Punch) 0:37 rnd 2
My Pick: Jason by KO second round
Wilson pulled out a great left hook to knock Jason completely out. It was the same punch that Babalu caught him with.


Marcus Davis def Jess Liaudin KO (Punch) 1:04 rnd 1
My Pick: Marcus by armbar first round
Marcus was simply too much for Jess.


Fabricio Werdum def Gabriel Gonzaga TKO (Strikes) 4:34
My Pick: Gabe by KO first round
Gabe was working Werdum's legs, but seemed to simply give up in the second round after Werdum took his back. Very strange. Did Gabe run out of gas?


B.J. Penn Joe def Stevenson Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 4:02 rnd 2
My Pick: BJ by RNC first round.
The RNC happened in the second, not the first but that was the inevitable ending for this fight. BJ looked good, but not nearly as polished on the feet. Joe did a good job of keeping busy until the end.

I get embarrassed going 4 for 9.

No comments: