Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hope for Islam?

I am not a big fan of religion. If we would have discarded it way back when, there is no telling of where we would be today. What if the Church did not exist to keep us in the dark ages? What if Islam did not exist to oppress and confine the minds of the people of the Middle East and Asia? What kind of advances and technology would have been developed?

Anywho, since abolishing religion now would never ever work, anytime a major religious group says "Hold on here... Maybe our profit did not say to kill our sisters and daughters for talking with a man." I have to support it.

There is a major reformation movement in semi-secular Turkey to rewrite the Hadith, the second most sacred text in Islam after the Koran. I did not know what it even was until I read this article. I try to know the basics of every religion, just so I can figure out the crazy of most people. I will have to look in to this book.

Article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7264903.stm

No comments: