Sunday, March 2, 2008

UFC 82 Recap

Jorge Gurgel def John Halverson Decision
My Pick: Jorge by decision.
One for one!

Diego Sanchez def David Bielkheden Submission (Strikes) 4:43 rnd 1
My Pick: Sanchez by KO first round
Two for Two!!
And a perfect pick to boot!

Josh Koscheck def Dustin Hazelett TKO (Strikes) 1:24 rnd 2
My Pick: Josh by G&P KO second round
Three for Three!!!


Luigi Fioravanti def Luke Cummo Decision
My Pick: Luke by decision
Stupid Luke ruin my streak... Go drink some more of your own urine...


Andrei Arlovski def Jake O'Brien TKO (Strikes) 4:17 rnd 2
My Pick: Arlovski by KO first round
Ok I am back!

Jon Fitch def Chris Wilson Decision
My Pick: Fitch by RNC second round


Yushin Okami def Evan Tanner KO (Knee) 3:00 rnd 2
My Pick: Okami by decision
Looks like Okami is destined to be the next one to be knocked out by Silva.
Honestly, you cannot go on a 1.5 year bender and expect to win against a guy who has been beating top opposition. Evan is a great fighter, and most certainly a force, BUT until he gets some fights under his belt he will not be ready to compete at the top tier UFC level.

Chris Leben def Alessio Sakara TKO (Strikes) 3:16 rnd 1
My Pick: Leben by wild punching KO second round
That was too damn easy... My pick will forever be Leben by wild punching KO second round.


Heath Herring def Cheick Kongo Decision (Split)
My Pick: Herring by RNC third round
Kongo put up a better fight than I expected.


Anderson Silva def Dan Henderson Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 4:52 rnd 2
My Pick: Anderson by KO third round
Anderson lost the first round, he got taken down and did little to escape, or do anything in the way of defense. He looked sluggish and afraid of Dan's shot. In the second round he just destroyed Henderson. Brutal kicks and pinpoint punches dazed Dan and allowed Silva to take top position, the back and get the eventual RNC. It is beginning to look like only Lindland would be able to give Silva a hard time right now.

I get 9 out of 10. This was an easy one to call, but all people need a cream puff after they have taken a shellacking. I certainly have gotten my butt handed to me lately, and this was a good conference builder.

No comments: