Friday, June 27, 2008

SCOTUS Gets One Mostly Right! -- DC Gun Ban Recap

SCOTUS affirms that the Right to Bear Arms is an individual right, by a 5 to 4 vote. Let's see how I did:

Cheif Justice John Roberts Votes: OVERTURN
My Pick: Roberts votes to overturn the ban

John Paul Stevens Votes: Keep
My Pick: Sevens votes to overturn the ban.
This was a bit of a surprise to me...

Antonin Scalia Votes: OVERTURN
My Pick: Scalia votes to overturn the ban.
Scalia wrote the majority decision, however I do not believe that he went far enough. He left out military weapons, which, I believe, are absolutely necessary for overthrowing our Government should it become too tyrannical.

Anthony Kennedy Votes: OVERTURN
My Pick: Kennedy votes to uphold the ban.
I am surprised and pleased with Justice Kennedy's vote.

David Souter Votes: Keep
My Pick: I think that Souter votes to overturn the ban
Souter can rot in hell.

Clarence Thomas Votes: OVERTURN
My Pick: Thomas votes to overturn the ban


Ruth Bader Ginsburg Votes: Keep
My Pick: Ginsberg, with out a doubt, will vote to uphold the ban


Stephen Breyer Votes: Keep
My Pick: Breyer will vote to uphold the ban


Samuel Alito Votes: OVERTURN
My Pick: Alito votes to overturn the ban.

To celebrate this decision I have ordered a Kahr CW4543!!

No comments: