Sunday, July 12, 2009

UFC 100 Recap

I hate decisions. Most of the time it means that the fighters were fighting not to loose. I hate that. I like fighters who finish fights. I like fights that end early. That is why I am starting to like Brock Lesnar. He finishes fights... Sort of.

Shannon Gugerty def Matt Grice Submission (Guillotine Choke) 2:36 rnd 1
My Pick: Shannon by triangle second round.
Shannon ended it a bit early, but I like that!

Tom Lawlor def CB Dollaway Submission (Guillotine Choke) 0:55 rnd 1
My Pick: CB by RNC second round
This was supposed to be DB's comeback fight... I guess nobody told Tom that...

Dong Hyun Kim def T.J. Grant Decision (Unanimous)
My Pick: Grant by KO first round
Kim might be for real.

Jon Jones def Jake O'Brien Submission (Guillotine Choke) 2:43 rnd 2
My Pick: Jones by KO late second early third
Jones will be fun to watch in the future.

Jim Miller def Mac Danzig Decision (Unanimous)
My Pick: Mac will G&P his way to a decision victory.
Wow. This was supposed to showcase Mac, and bring him back in to the UFC fold. Wow.


Mark Coleman def Stephan Bonnar Decision (Unanimous)
My Pick: Bonnar by decision
It was very cold last night, and I could not explain why... Now I know. Hell froze over. Maybe the UFC will throw both of them out??


Yoshihiro Akiyama def Alan Belcher Decision (Split)
My Pick: Akiyama by KO frist round.
Belcher showed that he has talent, drive and absolutely no way of defending straight right hands. Akiyama got a takedown in the last round to seal his "victory," but it was not pretty.


Dan Henderson def Michael Bisping KO (Punch) 3:20 rnd 2
My Pick: Henderson by decision
Many new to the MMA game heard that Henderson had this Hammer of God right hand, but they never saw it. They saw Hendo whip it around a few times but never really saw it in all of its glory. Well, inexplicably, Bisping dropped his hands for just a moment and BLAM. Good night sweetheart. Check it out:

Wow.


Georges St. Pierre def Thiago Alves Decision (Unanimous)
My Pick: GSP by decision
GSP won every round on every judges scorecard. One judge gave him the last round 10/8. Complete domination.

Brock Lesnar def Frank Mir TKO (Punches) 1:48 rnd 2
My Pick: Lesnar by G&P KO first round
Brock did not figure out you could throw punches from half guard until late in the first round. After that it was just a matter of time.
No one in the heavyweight division right now can beat Brock. No one. Not Nog, not Randy, and certainly not Check Kongo who is assuredly Brock's next victim.

Jon Fitch def Paulo Thiago Decision (Unanimous)
My Pick: Fitch by KO late third round
I didn't get to see this fight, but whatever. Good job Jon.

I go 7 for 11. Star studded, but overall less than awesome UFC. Dana better start talking to his fighters, because if many more PPVs go like this one, people will stop watching.

No comments: