Sunday, December 30, 2007

UFC 79 Recap

Mark Bocek def Douglas Evans Decision
My Pick: Mark by KO, strikes on the ground, third round
Mark picks up a win, and so do I.

Roan Carneiro def Tony DeSouza TKO (Strikes) 3:33 rnd 2
My Pick: Tony by decision
Tony! NOOOOO!!!

Dean Lister def Jordan Radev Decision
My Pick: Lister by Triangle first round.
Dean is back to winning... by decision...

Manvel Gamburyan def Nate Mohr Submission (Ankle lock) 1:31 rnd 1
My Pick: Manny by decision
Manny looked very good taking down Nate when and where he wanted to. I think that he saw something in Nate's fight with Kurt Pellegrino, because he went for that ankle/heel hook like he knew it would be there.

James Irvin def Luis Arthur Cane DQ (Knee to downed fighter) 1:51 rnd 1
My Pick: I will go with the upset and take Cane by armbar in the first round
DQ???? I need to see this fight. ALLOW KNEES ON THE GROUND UFC!!!!!

Rich Clementi def Melvin Guillard Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 4:40 rnd 1
My Pick: Melvin by KO third round
Rich looked simply amazing in this fight. He dictated the pace, avoided Melvin's strikes, took Melvin down and choked him out. Very very very nice work by Rich Clementi. I am glad to see him back.

Lyoto Machida def Rameau Sokoudjou Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) 4:20 rnd 2
My Pick: Sokoudou by KO second round.
Machida looked better than ever on the ground getting the choke a couple of times then finally sinking it in for the win.

Eddie Sanchez def Soa Palelei TKO (Eye injury) 3:24 rnd 3
My Pick: I think that I will go with Soa by KO second round.
Eddie took it to Soa. He made the aggressive Soa sit back on his heels and gasp. Nice win for Eddie.

Chuck Liddell def Wanderlei Silva Decision
My Pick: Chuck by KO second round
Chuck gassed in the late second round and could not put Silva away, but, to Silva's credit, he kept coming forward. Nothing like a slug fest to make everybody smile.

Georges St. Pierre def Matt Hughes Submission (Armbar) 4:54 rnd 2
My Pick: GSP by KO third round
GSP again looked like an invincible monster. He took Matt down and beat him up. In the second he went for a Kimura, then turned it in to a very tight armbar.

I am right at .500 for this one. 5 of 10 for me!

No comments: