Sunday, February 1, 2009

UFC 92 Recap

I just woke up from the coma that UFC 92 put me in to. 10 fights 5 split decisions, and 3 unanimous decisions, only two KOs. No submissions. So boring that it makes me want to never watch a UFC again. Dreams of UFC 33 boring.

Dan Cramer Matt def Arroyo Decision (Split)
My Pick: Matt by KO first round
The blood letting begins.

Jake O'Brien def Christian Wellisch Decision (Split)
My Pick: Christian by RNC second round.
0-2

John Howard def Chris Wilson Decision (Split)
My Pick: Wilson by RNC first round
0-3

Thiago Tavares def Manny Gamburyan Decision (Unanimous)
My Pick: Manny by decision
0-4

Jon Fitch def Akihiro Gono Decision
My Pick: Fitch by KO second round
Jon does well and dominates Gono. That should put Jon back on track, and may send Gono back to the Japanese shows...
1-4

Clay Guida def Nathan Diaz Decision (Split)
My Pick: Nate by third round KO
Clay did a great job of tying Nate up and nullifying Nate's boxing advantage. Very good job by Guida.
1-5

Karo Parisyan def Dong Hyun Kim Decision (Split)
My Pick: Kim by decision
Very nice Judo, but little other action.
1-6

Jon Jones def Stephan Bonnar Decision
My Pick: Stephan by Triangle Choke first round
Jon wins by UFC judges being in love with the takedown.
1-7

Lyoto Machida def Thiago Silva KO (Punches) 4:59 rnd 1
My Pick: Silva by KO by strikes on the ground second round
Machida seals the deal very late in the first round. The karate train keeps rolling.
1-8

Georges St. Pierre B.J. Penn TKO (Corner Stoppage) 5:00 rnd 4
My Pick: BJ by KO third round
GSP beat the holly hell out of BJ. That is all there is to say about that. The corner made the right choice. I would have done the same thing had I been in BJ's corner.

I do a horrible job picking the fights this time. 1-9. Ouch.

No comments: